Saturday 25 February 2012

26th February 2012

Jen was back on to another Open Water course a few days ago, and finished on the 25th. Only 3 students this time, and it was very easy according to Jen.

In the meantime, I worked on UK stuff, and booked our tickets for the brief trip to Bangkok in a few days.  I also, tried to locate some Helium for my xmas pressie from Mum, but alas there is none on the island (must get some when I am in Bangkok!).

A couple of days ago, the video boys were filming new intro scenes, and I decided to dress in full scuba gear and climb a rope hanging from a tree... it was a big effort with the weight of the kit, and I got a rope burn on my leg.... so did the 3 people who wanted to try it, after me!


Nasty eh?!  This photo was taken 2 days after the rope burn... I went diving in the morning, which made it especially raw... so it was "Man Up" time, and got some pure alcohol to kill any bacteria (hurts like hell) and iodine to keep it as clean as possible. On this island, things like this have to be super looked after otherwise infection sets in extremely quickly.. The picture below shows the progression today.. looks alot cleaner... but still sore..


Besides the silly rope burn. We organised a Dive Site Clean Up, with 17 volunteers signed up to do it.. Brilliant.. Also, on the dive... I found a CowFish!! I haven't seen one of those on Koh Tao for 2 years... what an awesome find..






 Add that to the other dive schools who participated, and the collective picked up nearly 300kg of trash on the day... Unbelievable!!



Jen had managed to organise a free bbq for all the volunteers at the clean up, which was well received in the evening... what a good day for all!!

Today, is a day off... Jen and I are spending it together just relaxing!! NICE!!

x

SD


2 comments:

Roy said...

A lesson learnt there I think!

Unknown said...

I doubt it... knowing me!