Friday 17 February 2012

18th February 2012

Well, I have a day off !! So its time to recap on the previous week...

After finishing the videographer course, that I took on as a favour, I went straight into a Reef Check Course with a student named Eduardo. He is married to a Divemaster Trainee (Thais) who is being mentored by me, and came over to complete his Advanced and Reef Check before returning to his job in Dubai..



So, after a few days with Thais assisting me teaching Eduardo , it was time to return to another Open Water course. Jenny was already conducting one with 8 (!!!) students!.. It was time for the full moon rush crowd.... Never usually a fun course, and mine proved to be very typical of the full mooners..

The confined pool day fell on Valentine's Day... so instead of spending the day as I had planned... it was scrapped since I was in the pool for several hours. But even though it was not the most romantic of days... I still managed to buy some flowers etc for Jen...




Halfway through the course, I had to swap out 2 of my students with 2 from another instructors group as they were not getting along with each other... I took on the students to smooth things over... It worked, kind of...




Everybody pass and I certified them once all the course requirements were met... None of them continued to Advanced, and the troublemaker spent the rest of the day drinking a crate of Chang and continued well into the evening, being rude and abusive to several female instructors. Needless to say, he will not be welcomed back here. See if you can guess which one?

In the meantime, some of Jenny's group continued to Advanced, which she finishes today.. I think she is so glad that she has a day off tomorrow... I bet she sleeps till the afternoon!!!



The weather has been superb, and the sunsets have been spectacular... Hopefully we will now have some time to appreciate it...

Much Love!

x

SD



3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful flowers, you old romantic.
You make some real geeky faces.
Luvs yers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roy said...

The troublemaker - is it the one at the front with the silly shades and bum fluff on his chin?

Unknown said...

Oi !!

Cheeky!!