Tuesday 9 August 2011

August 7th 2011

Simon dropped me down at Crystal this morning as I was on the morning boat for the last two adventure dives (Deep & Fish ID) of my students Advanced Open Water Course.  Our first dive was at Hin Wong.  I dont really know this dive site but was told to head east from the pinnacle to get some depth which I did and was astounded by the amount of blue soft coral growing, then when heading back I spotted a Hawksbill turtle munching away so we spent a good 10 minutes just watching it, then would you believe it, another one chilling out under a table coral.  My student was delighted as he'd only seen the concrete turtle at Buoyancy world. 
Our next dive was a White Rock.  A lovely dive apart from all the other divers.  I counted at least 8 boats moored up ..I did my best to stay clear of everyone which proved to be very difficult at times. A very enjoyable dive, spotting sting rays, scribbled file fish, trevelly, big school of barracuda.

Back on land, students paperwork completed, I went for lunch with Simon, who that afternoon  was going with the Crystal crew to check out the recently sunk/moved wreck.  As I'm not a real wreck fan, I thought Id be in the office helping out but nothing was on my scheduling board so decided to go. Si took his camera and here is some footage...







4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Lovely film, good to see that Simons ok to dive. xxxxx

Roy said...

Nice work....great tune....what is it?

Unknown said...

Its a tune by Brand X... Royalty free music...

RogerD said...

Very effective torchlight through the porthole shots xx