Sunday 12 June 2011

11th June 2011

With Simon busy with work I eventually walked into Mae Haad.  It wasn't so hot today which was nice and I'd packed my towel and ipod just incase I ended up by the pool.

I had a couple of jobs to do, stop in at the printers to get some Eco posters printed off, which I did, but got the wrong size DOH!!!   ..then I took a slow walk down to Crystal to sign myself and Simon up for tomorrows Dusk dive, which I later found out was cancelled due to the weather  ..typical!  It's going to be rescheduled, so hopefully by then, Si's ears will be 100%.

My day did improve, Nathan was in the office and suggested that we did a quick dive at Junkyard as his friend was over from Oz, so I gladly accepted, grabbed our kit and set off on the longtail almost being swallowed up by the wave.  By the way my day was going, I didnt think twice about the boat sinking ;-D
So moored up, jumped in and did a quick clean and tour of the site.  We came across 20 batfish near the newly deployed eco bug which was cool, then a couple of really big squid which took me ages to spot.  They're fascinating creatures, very timid and very fast.  After scrambling back on the boat which was a third full with water, we headed back to shore.  Luckily the bilge pump was working else we've have been bailing the water out.

As the clouds gathered and wind picked up, I quickly headed home. Just as I got in, the heavens opened, what timing!!

That evening Simon and I went into Sairee for food at 'Mint' . Red chicken curry & red curry tofu which was very tasty and home to watch 'Paul' the movie which turned out to be pretty funny.

No comments: