Tuesday 31 May 2011

29th May 2011

After the hectic activities yesterday, we though we would have a couple of early fun dives... Just the two of us.

Unfortunately, the dive wasn't without stress... too many very bad divers got me pretty annoyed. Even when I told someone to think about where his fins were (at the time, he was kicking the crap out of anenomes) he just shrugged his shoulders... steam must have been visible from my ears.!

Returning, I emailed the dive school in question, as they have a good conservation arm and we know the team leader.

Here is their reply, and I admire them for taking a responsible approach

"Hey Simon, Many thanks for the email I received regarding 'terrible dive practises' First off I couldn't agree with you more. This type of behavior from a diving professional is not acceptable. & secondly I am extremely disappointed to read that this was done by one of our staff. I have asked the Manager of our Japanese side of Big Blue to investigate who did this & to listen to their reasoning behind their actions. Annoyingly the manager is on his way to Japan right now to help out some of the communities affected by the tsunami but he did write to let me know he is looking into this matter & will get back to me shortly. I will keep you posted as to how this pans out but in the meantime want to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, & will meet with all my staff, Japanese included, to ensure that this sort of behavior doesn't happen again."

To be honest, sometimes speaking up isn't wise here. But I cannot keep letting things slide. Someone has to point out things that shouldn't and needn't happen. It may make me unpopular... we shall see... but my intention is purely to educate and stop certain behaviour...

Anyway... on a lighter note... the sprouts are growing!!!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

If you don't speak up, they will continue acting carelessly. Keep giving them HELL.
Your sprouts are looking pretty good.
xxxxxxxx

Roy said...

I concur. I don't think you can sit back and not say anything. I certainly couldn't.