Wednesday 6 April 2011

3rd 4th & 5th April 2011

Well the last couple of days I've been teaching an Advanced Open Water course which was a lot of fun.  The visibility recently hasn't been great after the freak weather but it just makes the dives more interesting looking for small stuff, after the compulsary tasks. 

Yesterday, after doing 3 dives on the morning boat, I jumped on the afternoon boat for another 2 dives so I could be with Simon who was doing some eco stuff   ...argh!!.

The dives were good and  I saw a turtle on the surface which made everything worthwhile :-D


Due to the bad weather, there's been a few strange surface currents which in turn has brought a lot of rubbish onto the dive sites, so I think we'll be having a few dive/beach clean ups. Also the water quality is appalling due to the bad weather we had that washed some of the land away into the sea. I think it may take a while to get back to good conditions. But at least the beautiful sunsets are back....



Tomorrow we're both teaching Reef Check, which will mean classroom in the morning, and then popping out in the longtail to the reef for some training.

A few photos I have found of Simon and me at the Festival... note the Henna tattoo...you can't miss it really!




2 comments:

Roy said...

I hope you've now got hot water to wash the henna off! Nice pic of the sunset. Beautifully warm here today, for a change.

Grumpette said...

Muddy face!