Wednesday 9 March 2011

9th March 2011

So folks... Now I am awake finally... I can update the post.!

At Bangkok airport, we went to bed, and both were awake at 1:30am... Jen stayed awake watching naff movies until 4am, and I stayed up messing with the internet, seeing if I could get BBC iplayer to work outside of the UK.. I did, so Jen will be happy to keep up with all the Eastenders stuff.

At 7am I woke Jen with a cuppa, and we had breakfast before shooting back to the airport for our domestic flight to Surat Thani (southern province).


On the short flight to Surat, we were served with sandwiches.. mine were veggie of course, and a very strange mixture of cream, green beans, and carrots... needless to say, I left it.

Landing at Surat Thani, we were going to get the bus to the town centre, but it was pretty full, and we were not travelling light, so got a cab.

20 mins later and we were at the ferry. We bought at tickets, and starting thinking what to do for 12 hours, before the boat left.

Surat Thani is a town that supplies the islands with various food, building materials, bikes etc. So shopping here was not very fun... we stopped after an hour as there was nothing to see. I then had my hair shaved at a barbers and we returned to the boat, to watch the loading of cargo on the boat.. its amazing how much they fit on.




The waiting around was tedious, Jen bought some fruit from a market stall, I bought a couple of beers, we watched Monday's episode of Eastenders.. snoozed... that was it.



Eventually, 11pm had arrived, and the boat started off. Most people went to sleep. I watched a couple of films, snoozed a little, and watched the sunrise from the back of the boat. The journey got quite choppy for a couple of hours, but thankfully, no one was sick.

So, we arrived on Koh Tao!! YAY! 3 days of travel and we were shattered... and still wearing the same clothes (Yuck!)..

We caught a taxi to the Koh Tao Regal hotel (sounds better than it is) and got showered and changed. Then hit the pool for some exercise. Then off to Zest for breakfast, and meet Nathan and family. Lots of chit chat later, Nathan gave me a lift to pick up my motorbike...

It would not start, and I pushed the bike to the nearest mechanic... knackering!. The mechanic checked and noticed there was no fuel !!! It must have either leaked, or evaporated... who knows... anyway... a little while later, and my bike is running.

Returning to Jen, we had a couple of hours snooze and head out to dinner.. just a quick Thai bite.. which was delicious.. Jen had Pork and Ginger.. I had Tofu Red Curry.. both meals were very good.

Off to the Crystal bar, for a quick hello... and we retired for a 13 hour kip.... I need it.

3 comments:

Roy said...

Nice informative post. I really wouldn't like to sleep on those 'beds'. Are they minging?!

Unknown said...

I have heard reports of bed bugs... but I've always found them fine... cramped but okay..

RogerD said...

Can't believe that you didn't check for petrol before pushing that bike a long distance!