Friday 11 February 2011

10th February 2011

Today was the final visit to the hospital to discover the results of the CT scans.

Upon arrival, we waited patiently, and nervously! Eventually, we were ushered into the top dog.. My 1st thoughts were "Uh Oh, looks like he will discuss surgery..." but he told me that I was not in need of surgery!!

We went through the CT scans, looking at my brain (which is apparently quite low in my head!) and airspaces throughout the skull. I have pretty large frontal sinuses and no permanent damage from the reverse block suffered last year. I do however have a significant size polyp in my maxillary sinus (cheek area) which is big, but not causing equalisation issues.

So, to cut all the jargon short. I will have to take a nasal spray for a few months and see how the climate affects me in Thailand. With the weather and geographical location here, it exacerbated my symptoms, so theorectically... some warm sun and sea should do me the world of good.

So, plans are afoot.... more we have confirmed exact dates...!!!

x

SD

4 comments:

JennyWren said...

Such a relief! ;-D

Roy said...

Good news bro. Better sort out a drink before you go though!

RogerD said...

Seems as though you've only just got back and you're off again. Time goes far too quickly nowadays xx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.