Friday 24 September 2010

Day 233 - 24th September 2010

Ear update time.

We got up, and headed to Crystal so Jen could get on arranging the Eco stuff while Nathan is away.. in particular, the International Clean Up Day dive..

I left her there and went back to the clinic for my first check up in a week. Initially, the signs were not good, lots of oohs and aahhs. Too much wax in my ear (again) prevented them from seeing the eardrum, and they could not understand why I had developed so much wax.

So began another irrigation session, initially with some saline solution, but when that wasn't shifting they moved onto the hardcore de-waxing solution. 1 hour later, and multiple syringing, the nurse cried out something in Thai, and everyone came to look. I could just see something in the corner of my eye that he/she (ladyboy nurse) was holding with some surgical pincers.

Finally, syringing finished, and feeling rather dizzy from vertigo ( it happens sometimes during syringing), I was able to get up. The nurse then showed me a rather disgusting looking piece of paper about half the size of my thumb, all black and foul. It looked like a small slug to be honest... Horrible.!

Anyway, the doctor checked my ears again, and examined the eardrum. Perforation seems to have healed, but equalisation is still not possible. The doctor says 10 more days for the ear canal to heal and then back for final checkup (hopefully!)... so I'll go back in 8 days, I think!

In the few hours since the treatment, my ear feels like its already improving, with less constant flow of fluid from my ear, and the itchiness has decreased dramatically. I envisage a couple of days of some pain due to the instrusive nature of the procedures, and hope that from then on, an exponential pace of improvement.

Cross your fingers folks!!!!

x

SD

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Thats better news, hoping your not in to much pain.
Funny place to keep your filing.
xxxx

Roy said...

Wonderful news bro. My fingers are crossed for you.....sluggy!