Tuesday 14 September 2010

Day 223 - 14th September 2010

We spent the morning indoors.. I was up about 5:30 with bad pain in both ears, across my jaw to my front teeth. Taking some painkillers took the edge off but was still not going back to sleep.

I utilised my time by editing the narration for a film I am making for the Save Koh Tao film festival in a couple of weeks.

When Jen was up, breakfast eaten, and Eastenders watched. We went to the clinic. Another round of syringing, both ears this time. Nothing. So they put oil in my ears and sent me off for a couple of hours.

Deaf as a post in both ears, we returned a couple of hours later, more syringing and this time the doc (?!) removed cotton from my other very infected ear. After cleaning out as much as possible (still not completely), she examined both ears, and found that my right ear has a ruptured eardrum (no diving incident, so I have to assume the infection caused it). My left eardrum is still not visible so we have to wait for the swelling to go down...

Prognosis - 4 weeks before I can dive again, I am going to aim for 2. If, I reach 4 weeks and am still unable to dive, then we may return home to get a proper examination.

Sorry for the crap news...

:-(

SD

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

It's you we feel sorry for, We all hope that your ears get better soon, as there is nothing worse than ear ache and you must be in terrible pain.
Take care, we are thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roy said...

Sad news bro - Does Jen have to shout all the time? Heal soon.