Thursday 9 September 2010

Day 218 - 9th September 2010

More building coral nurserys... while Jen is in the middle of an Open Water Course.

I spent the morning with a few people constructing the final nurseries that will go in to the Twins dive site.

Then, while Jen was in the pool with her 4 students, I went with a few people to Junkyard, to finish off a few bits and bobs. Getting back to the beach, I thought I would take the time to go to the clinic to check my still not quite right ear.

The doc checked my ear but it was too blocked to see, so commence with a session of syringing. Then digging around she started to pull out some paper... 1 hour later, it was getting sore, so she put some oil in my ear and told me to come back in an hour. I did, and another session of pulling crap out of my ear commenced.

Finally, she had cleared most of the gunk, paper etc away from my eardrum, and could see there was no visible damage. 3 days out of the water I was told, and then return for check up. NOT A CHANCE! I am having a day out of the water before the Nursery deployment on the 11th. Then on the 12th, back to the clinic.

The moral of this story is... don't clean out your ears with toilet paper!

x

SD

3 comments:

Roy said...

That's gross! But really, should you go against the doctors advice? X

Yvonne said...

TOILET PAPER DOHHHHHHHH,you were using it for the wrong end. WHAT HAPPEN TO COTTON BUDS, you silly boy, They say you are not suppose to stick anything smaller than you elbow in your ear, ( I'm not sure how you are suppose to keep them clean though)
Lets hope your ears are on the mend now.STAY SAFE

Unknown said...

Going against Doctors advice on this island is not exactly troublesome.. They are not preciseley top notch!

And you are right ma... nothing smaller than your elbow... And screw keeping them clean... the wax is there for a reason and it can stay there! :-)