Sunday 27 June 2010

Day 142 - 26th June 2010

We helped out on the dive site clean up today.  Crystal's smallest boat went out with around 20 of us on and we split into three groups, the first got dropped at 'Green Rock' and the second and third, which Si and I were in, got dropped off at 'Twins' armed with baskets to collect rubbish and scissors to cut any nets or lines that may have been dropped.
On the first half of the dive we didn't find a thing then as we went shallower, we came across some fishing line, rope and a few nets.  I was taking photo's so didnt find a great deal but got some good shots of everyone else.


Coming to the end of our dive, which should have been 60 minutes, we found a really small pinnacle around 5 meters, wrapped in fishing net which we began to untangle but it proved very difficult as the scissors we had were useless. 

 Doing stuff like this you become absorbed and before I knew it, I was down to 50 bar (low on air) and we'd done a 100 minute dive, so signalled to the others to leave what they were doing and ascend.
What I hadn't noticed as I was so engrosed with detangling was that Si and Carsten had already gone. Carsten had run out of air and had to use Si's alternate air source.

On the surface we had a pretty long surface swim back to the boat and then the boat headed off in the opposite direction to pick up some of the other group.  I think we had to wait 10 or so minutes before they came back to pick us up.


Back at the pier, we unloaded all the rubbish.  As we were late back, most of the rubbish collected by the other dive schools had already been sorted and the volunteers sorting through it (which isnt a pleasant job) said they had everything in hand, so we walked back to Crystal to wash and pack our dive kit away.

In the evening we met Matt, manager of Crystal to see if he could have a word with his contacts about Si's missing bike but on the way, we rode past Morava, where Si's bike had been stolen and there it was!   We couldn't believe our eyes ..what a turn up for the books. 3 days have passed since the theft... That brightened our day no end.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

wow unbelievable, did you claim it back, had a great afternoon with Roy and kids today, weather very hot

Unknown said...

You're damm right I claimed it back...

My exact words as I drove past was "thats my f%^*ing bike!" Stopped immediately and questioned a waiter to see if he knew who rode the bike.. He did not, so I jumped on (had my keys in my rucksack" and rode it down the road, parked elsewhere... and went to "Choppers" to celebrate.! :-)

Phil said...

Fantastic news mate, glad to hear it :)

Roy said...

So, you've stolen your own bike!!! Classic. Good news bro.