Thursday 24 June 2010

Day 140 - 24th June 2010

Well, today is NOT a good day.

What started as a pleasant evening last night, watching the football, got better when England actually won their match putting them through to the next round.

Then Jen and I went home for a couple of hours before meeting up with Carsten at Choppers for the Germany game. Sometime during this game, somebody stole my motorbike.

Carsten very generously lent me his scooter so we could get home, and today has been mostly driving up and down the island looking for the bike (needle in haystack comes to mind)

No luck, and having been to the Police station (they were rather busy watching tv) I don't hold out much hope. 30,000 baht out of pocket, no motorbike, and we begin our move today to an apartment up a very steep hill which the bike would have come in very useful for.

Grumpy as... nuff said.

3 comments:

Roy said...

Sorry to hear that bro. With all those bikes on the island and they pick yours? That is bad luck, unless it was a good bike. It's probably being used on the mainland by now! Get a crappy one that they won't nick.

Phil said...

Unlucky mate, that sucks big time! I'm with Roy, get one that at least 'looks' crappy :)

Unknown said...

I have to say that my bike was pretty crappy looking! Handlebars were one piece of rust... A spray paint job done by me with 2 cans of black paint. Headlamp switch split in 2 with pvc tape holding together... Not exactly pristine!