Saturday 12 June 2010

Day 126 - 10th June 2010

We caught the 9.30 Lomprayah boat to Koh Samui  as I had a 12pm hospital appointment.  I was quite looking forward to the mini break away and we were booked into a lovely hotel, thanks to Jace's girlfriend.

On arrival at the hospital, I was seen straight away and was only in there for 10 minutes and came out feeling 'what a waste of time.'  Last time I was there I was told that I had to come back to get the stitches taken out only to be told this time that they were dissolveable  ..ARGHHH  ..but they did tell me that I can dive again  HOORAY!!!  ..and that I needed more antibiotics as I still had an infection so told me to go to a pharmacy as it was cheaper  ..well at least that was nice of them.

We left the hospital and caught a taxi to the hotel. After being shown to our room, we unpacked what little we had.   We hadn't had breakfast so I suggested that we'd get supplies from Tesco Lotus (big supermarket) and have a picnic on the beach    ..It's really sad but I was so excited to be at a big superstore.I was in heaven, aisle and aisles of food, clothes, electrical etc..   We bought batteries, shampoo, shower gel, cheese, salad, french stick, crisp, water and  a few other necessities.   It was a lot cheaper than Koh Tao.  We did have a bottle of wine and beer in our basket but they had a 5pm selling licence, so we had leave them behind.

Instead of gong to the beach and getting sand in everything, we sat on our terrace and had our picnic whilst watching Dr Who on Si's laptop.  It was lovely.  We then decided to collect our free non alcoholic drink from the pool bar where we sat and read in a comfy wicker double chair until the mozzies came out.

That evening, we went for a stroll along the main shopping strip.  It wasn't too busy which was nice but the stagnant smells along the way, nearly made us heave.  We stopped in one trendy bar to have a mojito and then walked back to the hotel.

Oh yes, our room had a lovely bath in it, so not having one since we visited KL, it was a real treat and had a lovely soak whilst watching Big Brother ..the last ever series!



Neither of us were very hungry so we skipped dinner and just munched on fruit, crisps and chocolate cookies.

1 comment:

Roy said...

Well, what can I say - you're certainly treating yourselves! It must be nice to get away. ;)