Tuesday 8 June 2010

Day 123 - 7th June 2010

Si was assisting Nathan today on a Advanced course and met down at Crystal at 9am and I was meeting Kiwi at the Crystal Market to help out with equipment repairs.  After finishing my coffee I walked over to 'Market' but Kiwi wasn't there, so I popped back to Crystal (2mins walk) and sat for a bit, expecting him to turn up late as usual  ...then after about half an hour, he'd still not surfaced.  Slightly annoyed as I hate waiting around, I found out that he had to do surface cover on the a.m. boat.  He could have at least text me.

As Si, Nath and students were out on the afternoon boat doing Peak Performace Buoyancy and Navigation dives, I decided to go along for the ride to catch some rays.
Both dives were at Aow Leuk and the visibility apparantly was pretty rubbish at 3 or 4 meters so I was smiling inside.  I hadn't missed out on to much ;-)

We returned to Crystal around 5.30pm and had a 1/2 break before Si and the gang had to be back on the boat for the night dive.  I'd earlier bumped into Katti who wasn't doing anything, so agreed to come on the night boat with me for company to watch the sunset and have a little picnic.  So Si and I popped to 7eleven and got some coke, crisps and cookies and Katti popped off to buy some fruit.

Once at 'WhiteRock' and everyone was in the water, Nath who was surface cover for the evening, Katti and I, gathered and feasted  :-)   Lovely!!

Simon had a pleasant dive, guiding the students around on their 1st ever Night dive... seeing a couple of big Sting Rays and a lovely cuttlefish.

After the dive we gathered at the bar, had a drink and then went to Dirty Nelly's for food.

No comments: