Friday 7 May 2010

Day 92 - 6th May 2010

Up and dressed we headed out on the bike to Deep Down in Maehaad.  Just as we pulled up, the heavens opened.  It's strange to see so many people happy to see rain.

After the rain had stopped I left Deep Down and walked down to Crystal as I was going to continue work on the 'Tower of power'  I'd spoken to Nath and the idea for the tower was just to have it as a coral nursery with no swim throughs.  So with that, I attached netting to most of the structure, trying to make use of all the off cuts that had been left from the previous jobs. I must say it's taking shape.  Perhaps a few more pieces of netting need to be added but by 4.30pm my fingers were pretty sore and cut up, so I decided to call it a day, bought some water and walked back to Deep Down.

As I arrived, they were just watching the last segment of the documentary to ensure everything was ok, as it premiers tonight at 8.30 at 'Dirty Nelly's'.   All looked good and you could tell that Andy was pretty excited.  

The evening went very well.  There must have been well over a hundred people attending. To start with an Open Water video was shown and then a couple of short films made by a couple of trainee videographers which were very good.  Towards the end of the second film, the food came out, a mixture of pizza's, salad, potato, green thai curry, rice and bbq'd chicken.   Everyone tucked in and it made a refreshing change for Simon to have something to eat apart from Salad, rice and bread at these bbq's.


Once most people had got there food, Andy's film was put on.   The dramatic music really captivated the audience and near enough everyone watched. 

He's done a good job with Simons help.  There were a few bits that Simon would have liked changed but in the time frame that he had and with all the problems with rendering it just wasnt worth taking the risk.  I will hopefully get a copy and put it on the blog for you guys to watch.


A few beers later Si & I retired after a very sucessful night.

2 comments:

Roy said...

I told you that all would be fine, bro! Well done.

Yvonne said...

Gosh!! Si you've lost a lot of weight, so get and eat all the lovely food thats on the blog, looks absolutely delish. I love Thia curry very yummy, my mouth is watering just talking about it. ooh no! it's old age and I am dribbling ( only joking) xxxxxxxxxxx