Saturday 29 May 2010

Day 114 - 29th May 2010

Last nights celebrations were brilliant.    Luca has no idea about his surprise party and the newly qualified instructors were on great form. It wasn't our intention to stay out late but I think we left around midnight rather drunk whilst others went on elsewere.

I didnt feel too bad this morning surprisingly   ..by the time I got up it was 9ish, Si had already been out and bought provisions for breakfast, made tea and put Eastenders on for me.  How spoilt am I?!    After egg and soldiers we showered, dressed and rode to Crystal.   Today we were doing an equipment spec and servicing our regulators which was great fun.  Kiwi (Instructor from NZ) showed us how to disassemble, clean and replace parts in them and then we had to put them back
together.  Our Cressi regs we later found out are supposed to be serviced after every 50 dives, no wonder they've been acting up. 


After playing around and cleaning the individual parts  both of our regs were serviced so then we started on the faulty Crystal ones.  I got a reg that had a leaky depth guage which was only a matter of replacing a couple of O rings and Si got to take apart an Aqualung first stage which didn't look as complicated as our Cressi's but complicated enough ...the next regulator I looked had a broken hose which  just a matter of unscrewing and replacing and both mouth pieces were wet breathing, basically letting in water as you breath, so we broke those down and replaced the rubber

All in all it was a great afternoon.  It's great to know how exactly everything works and how to fix it.
Tomorrow we'll be looking at BCD's and tanks

Early night for us tonight!!

3 comments:

RogerD said...

Enders at breakfast - very decadent! Simon was always good at taking things apart and putting them together again. I never could do the G12 VCR timing mech but Simon seemed to grip it okay on a couple that I got him to do years ago.........

Roy said...

Is Simon always up first? It seems that way! ;) Glad you had a good night.It must be interesting taking apart the regs, what state were yours in?

Unknown said...

Yes, I am always up first!! Jen has to have her princess ways!

Regs were okay considering we seem to be using them far beyond the manufacturers recommended amount of dives..

And I learnt all I know from you Pops.. geeks ain't we?!