Friday 30 April 2010

Day 81- 25th April 2010

This morning the Open Water students did their final exam and swim tests, whilst Nathan, Simon and I headed out on the longtail to put down a new anchor line and to check out the coral nursery Junk Yard reef.

Around midday, we met with students with dive bags prepared and headed to the boat for dives 1 & 2 which were both at 'Mango Bay'   Nathan briefed the dives and I led  ..after dive 1  I felt pretty disheartened as it was like trying to herd cats.  Dive 2 was much better, students were starting to find their buoyancy and I felt pretty proud of them. 

Tomorrow, it's an early start, 7am for their final dives 3 & 4, so after a few beers at Crystal we headed home.  I say home but we were actually dog, cat and house sitting for Alan & Heidi for the night, whilst they were in Samui.  Riding up to their house on the bike reminded me of how I do not miss that hill...

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

You need to inflate some balloons so that they can get their buoyancy (ha ha) Jen, you are a good teacher so I am sure they will learn very quickly.
Miss you loads xxxxx

Roy said...

Yep, I remember pics of that hill, I'd struggle to walk up it, let alone going up it on a clapped out bike with no mot! ;)