Wednesday 7 April 2010

Day 61 - 4th April 2010 (Jenny)

Yesterday I started team teaching my 2nd Open Water Course with Laura.   Due to the influx of people from the Full Moon party on Koh Phangang its super busy with just under 40 new students starting their Open Water.  As Crystal have only 4 classrooms and students were bundled together for the acacdemics portion of the course and then split into groups of 8 for the confined/open water section of the course.

I was responsible for reviewing chapter 3 with the students after they'd watched the video.  I was pretty nervous as I'd not stood up infront of a large group for quite some time but it went pretty well considering it had been a long day and I could tell the students were tired.

Today the students met at 9am watched & completed the last 2 chapters of the Open Water Manual they were then split into small groups of 8, ready for the confined water in the afternoon.

After 5 equipment set ups we finally got in the pool.  Laura and I took it in turn to demonstrate skills and all was going well until one of the chaps decided that he couldn't continue as he felt dizzy, couldnt get his head around breathing underwater and sat by the pool for the rest of the session just breathing through the regulator. 
Anyway, a few hours later, the remaining 7 students had completed their confined water section.
Tomorrow they got their final exam and Open water dives 1 & 2 which I could tell they were very excited about.


Jen
x

No comments: