Monday 15 March 2010

Day 40 Koh Tao - 14th March 2010 (jen)

A tiring but good day.

Yesterday, I spent all day in the classroom with the students, going through knowledge reviews, watching videos, and taking notes on the best way to do things. Today, it was time for some practical work.!


After setting up the students with equipment (Fins, wetsuit, BCD & Tanks) we headed to the bar area and Iain demonstrated how to set up their equipment as they copied then they had to do this another 4 times on their own.  ..after this was mastered we headed for the pool for their underwater skills.

All in all they were very good and I think they'll be fine it comes to their actual dives.



By 12.30 we'd completed all the required skills and foreheads burnt, we all exited the pool and washed out kit and broke for lunch.  The rest of the afternoon was spent in the classroom where they watched more video's and completed all of their knowledge reveiws. ...I find the PADI video's very boring and very dated, God knows what the students think.

6pm and we were out of the classroom, they'll sit their final written exam 9am tomorrow.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

You look every bit a teacher,hope the test go well xx

Roy said...

I still remember the tests I took...It felt like I was back at school as the room was set out like a class room. Brrr - It makes me shiver!

Roy said...

Oh, and WELL DONE so far Jen... x

Roy said...

I always seem to forget to write something after posting my comments, don't I?

Roy said...

Oh, by the way - Si...Well done for keeping up (I presume you are) with your UK work! Now, get back to supping an ice cold beer whilst playing the odd bit of pool with a slight cool breeze coming off the ocean that's 50 foot away!! ;)