Saturday 20 February 2010

Day 18 - Koh Tao

We met Scott at his hotel and jumped in the pool. Boy it's hot today! Si tried to drown me on several occasions but was unsuccessful ;-) LOL



Feeling jaded after a latish night last night and the heat is just draining, especially when you're not diving.

Around 2pm we headed up to 'Zest' for lunch and a refeshing ice cream shake whilst watching some of the winter olympics.

On our way back to the pool, we took a slight detour through the small market off one of the side roads to have a look at swimming trunks/shorts but saw nothing we fancied.

What a relief to get back into the pool. It actually felt cold as we were so damn hot! After a few hours of seeing who could swim the furthest underwater, hold their breath sitting on the botton, swimming through each others legs and handstands etc, we vacated the pool all wrinklly and sat on the beach front having a beer.

Tonight we're off to 'Tattoo' bar/cafe where they do great pies and have ping pong ;-)

Tomorrow Scott has signed up for a DSD (Discover Scuba Diving) and we're all going out on the afternoon boat for a couple of leisurely dives. I just hope that the visibility is good.

JD x

1 comment:

Roy said...

It's as usual Simon in the pool for hours! Last night, Mum looked after the kids, whilst Tracy and I and another couple went out for dinner. I booked a table at the Plough in Eynsford. (I took Tracy here before we were married and had sprogs) I know Si doesn't enjoy a good piece of meat, but I had the best lump of sirloin beef. I couldn't (and still can't) believe how nice it was. I put it in my mouth and it melted away. Just unreal. So, I'll def. go back again. My mate, who came with us, wanted my set of golf clubs. So I did a deal (I was going to sell them on Ebay) - He pays for the taxi back, he can have the clubs. Job done! (The taxi cost £50) he he!....Take care both of you...Love RTET x