Wednesday 8 July 2009

Final Day in Australia

So.... Skydiving was bloody cancelled! Damm rain came in on the last day... hey ho.... nevermind!

Instead of some fantastic footage of jumping out of a plane at 14,000ft (grumble grumble) I shall show you the toll this trip has taken on some of our equipment.


These 2 photos show the obvious damage to the screen of the little HD cam... Brand new when we left the UK... you can thank those lovely airlines for that.



And these 2 photos show the 6 inch crack in Jens underwater camera housing that must have been stamped on by an elephant seeing as this housing can withstand pressure down to over 90m underwater (10 x pressure on land).

Hopefully, our insurance will cover it, and I should be thankful (fingers crossed cos trip is not over!) that the big boy camera and the housing have remained intact.

Anyway guys, we leave Cairns tomorrow morning, and arrive in Singapore about 17 hours later I think. From there it will be 3 days of more blogging before we get on a plane to the UK.

Anyone fancy picking us up from the airport at 5am on the 14th ;-)

SD

5 comments:

Phil said...

Aye, I'll come get ya

Roy said...

Phil's got in there first. If Phil can't make it, I'll pick you both up.

Unknown said...

now now boys.... don't wanna ruckus now..!

Very kind of you to both offer... I am very happy to hear that.. are either of you off that day..?

Phil said...

nope, but then who's at work at 5am! just thought it'd be easier for me since i live down the road .. Roy, we'll discuss tomorrow night

RogerD said...

No No, I'll come and get ya - oops no I can't do that, gotta go Ibiza for the night. Tuf life. Look forward to seeing you soon and hearing the tales of all the insurance claims and rows with BA xx