Tuesday 30 June 2009

Oz Day 28 Camper




Today we left Townsville and headed into the Girrigun National Park where we spent a couple of hours walking through the bush down to Wallaman Waterfall. The tallest waterfall in Australia. It was a bit of a hike, but once we were there, it was worth the effort... only trouble was, we had to come back up which was exhausting on the knees! Jen even went for a little dip in the chilly water while I tried to protect the camera from the constant mist/rain.

On the way up the bush walk, a snake crossed my path.... didn't manage to get the camera out but googled it and found the sucker below.. A red bellied snake... venomous!!!


Anyway, after we crawled back to the camper we headed to Mission Beach and arrived about 18:00 .... ready for grub and beer.... and kip.

Also, as Australia is in the midst of Lottery Fever, we purchased a ticket for tonight's record $90 million draw... If we win, we shall be flying home by our Lear Jet.

SD

1 comment:

Roy said...

Good luck with the lottery! Nice mong picture, by the way!

I'm off shopping with Trace and the kids. I have been off work for a few days, so I've got some jobs done here (put up blinds etc etc) Picked some raspberries yesterday(from our veggie patch!)and they were luvvvely. Just waiting for the carrots, beans, parsnips, tomatoes and I think we put chilli in there too.
Let's hope we have some success.
I should get my new(ish) xbox in the next couple of days, with the new firmware. Martyn has been a great help and owe him a beer for what he's done for me. I just need to sell mine now (with rrod).
Anyway - I won't bore you any longer. I'll try to ring you tomorrow and arrange a date to come and see you when you arrive.
x