Thursday 14 May 2009

Leaving Koh Tao

Well, 100 days on the island, and we have finally left to further travels. In John Locke's words from "Lost" "The island may not be finished with you!" I hope this is true and one day we can return to what has been truly an adventure of a lifetime.

We are now in Koh Samui for one night, leaving early in the morning to catch a flight to Bangkok, then Sydney, then Christchurch, where we shall stay in hotel for the night before picking up our camper van (plush one!)

Koh Samui, sadly, does not have the beauty and affection attached to it that it once did. I am amazed at how over developed it has become in comparison to Koh Tao. So I am told, it was once a very beautiful island, but tourism has laid a heavy penalty, when now all I see is buildings, more buildings, and more buildings under construction.

Take it from me... if you want Tenerife in Thailand... this is the place to be...

p.s. Maybe I am being too harsh since we are only here for 1 day, but its just my point of view with the time we have...

SD

1 comment:

Roy said...

Fair comment. Enjoy the rest of your trip - keep in touch though!

x