Saturday 7 March 2009

The Gammy Foot

Hi guys,

Well its official.... I HAVE to stay out of the water for the next few days. I woke up this morning to find my foot generally leaking pus everywhere. Went to the clinic, who then scraped it (ouch!) then stuck a needle in the bottom of my foot about 20 times to drain the pus out (BIG OUCH!). I am now on antibiotics, and have had to cancel assisting an advanced open water class today and tomorrow, but Jen is on it instead... Guess I can catch up on Eastenders!!

Gotta go back to clinic tomorrow for more scrapes, drains, and new dressing... will try and take a photo of the action!

SD

4 comments:

Phil said...

You really don't have to take pictures of it you know .... :)

Roy said...

It's not the clap clinic is it?!

Sounds painful bro. I hope it heals quickly, so you can get out there and do what you do best.

And, NO pics are required on this one, I think!

martyn s said...

gammy foot = gout.. Gout can be a painful condition, which often affects men rather, then women. The most common age group that is affected is between 50-60 ( old git )

FiFi said...

I can't quite get the hang of this thing. Hope Si's foot is recovering - sounds v nasty. We've had a friend staying all weekend and some of the week so as ever we are rather behind the power curve. Blog and photos etc look great - hope to 'skype' soon -I am so 21st Century. Chris and Fi xx